Friday, August 1, 2008

Red, Yellow, Blue, and AKU!

So, I’ve been trying to take time each day to sit down and have “lessons” with Sage. Right now we’re working on colors. My idea is to introduce the primaries and then go from there. So, here’s my plan; I take oil pastel crayons and we color together and talk about the colors. Then, when he gets the primaries, I start mixing the colors together and introduce other hues in that way. Clever, no? It’s also a good excuse to get our hands a little messy together. J

I tried it a few days ago and it went fairly well except for when I drew a picture of Samurai Jack and Aku. It was all downhill from there. He did not want to talk about anything else. “A-KUUUU!! Gah-dee-gah JACK!” Maybe from now on I’ll just stick with shapes or something. Hehe.

No comments: